Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica Users digest V9 #79
From: "eferro" <eferro@tbscc.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 20:37:27 -0400

As a new M6-owner Iīm not used to the Leica-filmloading. According to the
instruction manual you just place the film leader into the take-up chamber
spool (in the middle of the three post assembly). This is also shown in the
diagram of the camera housing.

But I donīt think it is that easy. The take-up chamber spool doesnīt pick up
the film leader like it should. I have to try several times before it works.

Maybe I have to place the film leader through the three post assembly, but
the
diagram of the camera housing doesnīt show that.

I need help from you "old" Leica-user with this maybe trivial question.

Jonas Andersson
Sweden

Jonas:
	I'm relatively new to the M6 having just bought mine in February.  The film
too.  I've found that it always works if I do two things.  First of all, put
it through one of the slits in the take up spool and secondly, just make it
long enough so that the end of it touches the ID of the spool opposite the
slit into which you put it.  Works like a charm every time and eventually
becomes a no brainer.
	As far as the SF-20 and M6 TTL go, it's an excellent combination.  I've
found perfect exposures and quick recycle times.  Try it, you'll like it.
Ernie