Subject: [Leica] Re: M2 bayonet mount
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 10:26:40 -0400

Paul:

On a couple of occasions I have3 had the same tightness occur. I found that
a TINY bit of vasoline applied to the bay on the camera and then wipe clean
made a big difference. Costs nothing to try!

Ken Wilcox

At 02:04 PM 6/26/99 +0100, you wrote:
>I bought an M2 the other day and have found that when mounting a lens it is
>an extremely tight and stiff fit to the bayonet mount.  I've tried both
>Summilux & Noctilux lenses with the same result. Unlike my M6, which feels
>like "a knife thru butter" when changing either of these lenses.
>
>Should I take the camera back to the shop? They had another M2 for the same
>price but it was dented.
>
>Alternatively, is it worth lubricating the bayonet mount or lens bayonet, if
>so, how?
>
>Visually, I can't see any problems on the lens throat and there are no signs
>of dents either.
>
>Look forward to your advice,
>Paul.

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>