Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V9 #76
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:35:25 -0400

Jim:

I have and use a Viso II on my LTM cameras as well as a Viso II and Viso
III on my M cameras.

The Viso converts your rangefinder body to an SLR but with limitations. The
shortest focal length that can be focused to infinity is 65mm. The lens
heads of many older lenses (50mm) and up can be removed from their focus
mount and and used on the Viso with adapters. There are also longer lenses
that were made for use with the Viso.

The primary working difference between the II and III is that the III has
an instant return mirror as well as a "slow raise, slow lower" mirror
fuction, the Viso III can be attached to the camera without removing the
prism first. THe Viso does not require exposure compensation when used with
any lens setup that will focus to infinity. If you use an M6 the TTL
metering is awkward, but usable.

I use mine for copy work with a bellows and with a 200 and 400 Telyt. For
many uses I prefer it to my R equipment.

Ken Wilcox

At 10:34 AM 6/25/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Dear Luggers-I am in need of some info regarding the Visoflex.Would this
unit
>enable me to focus my M lenses thru the lens with my M camera? In
>essence-turning my rangefinder into an SLR for certain applications? What
are
>the differences between the models if any? Can I use one of these units with
>all of the M lenses or only longer focal lengths? Does the Visoflex require
>any exposure compensation? Does anyone use any of these units on a regular
>basis when subject matter or critical focus requires that you focus thru the
>lens? I would appreciate any info that you might have regarding these
>Q's.Thanx in advance for sharing your experiences>>>Jim Volkert>>  San
>Diego,Ca.

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>