Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL, what EI
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 07:09:49 +0200

Dave,

Yes, but if you use it with the super-fast films such as D3200, then the XTOL
times will give you too thin negatives. With these films, I find that a good
starting point is to shoot them at a certain EI (lower than nominal, say 1600)
and then use the development time for the higher speed (i.e. 3200 in this
example). With more normal films the manufacturer's recommendations are a good
starting point.

Nathan

NASEN Dave Purchase wrote:

> Folks,
> Would it be right to figure that, unless otherwise stated, the EI for the
> time/temp/film stats being given on the XTOL thread is at the manufacturers
> rated asa?  I can't wait to try it.
> best
> dp
>
> Dave Purchase