Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder precision
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:57:32 -0700

TTAbrahams@aol.com wrote:

> Christoph, The rangefinder on the M occasionally needs to be fine tuned when
> you use the 50/1 and the 75/1,4. In the rangefinder adjustment there is a
> facility for correcting the 1m distance (it is the screw at the back of the
> cam, not on the roller of the cam). You can do it yourself, but you need a
> special tool for it. If you have access to a reputable Leica service you
> should have them do it. Also, this correction should have been done when you
> had the camera adjusted before. Go back to them and take along the Noctilux
> and insist that they "match" the lens to the body. It is quite common that
> you have to do this. I have an old M3 that is dedicated to my Noctilux and
> also a M4-P that is dedicated to the 75/1,4. On my M6 HMTTL they both work
> perfectly, but I have to adjust the rangefinder on my M6HM yet.
> All the best,
> Tom A

So you have lenses dedicated to certain cameras but work ok on other cameras?
Or only work on certain cameras?
Can I get my one camera to work perfectly on all my lenese.
I missed my focus on a bunch of 135 APO headshots recently and although
I could have been otherwise delirious I was wondering if my focus
adjustments were somehow out of wack. I was stopped down to f11 in the studio.
Mark Rabiner