Subject: Re: [Leica] 75 Summicron
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:19:41 EDT

In a message dated 6/24/99 6:02:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
digphoto@nashville.net writes:

<< Yes!

 A 75 Summicron f2 - the same size as the 90 Elmarit M.

 And focusing to .7 meter.

 And affordable.

 Yes!

 Henry

 (as if they don't make enough different lenses now) >>

Wanna know a secret?  I have one of those so-so Komura 2x teleconverters (I
found one with no finder and no M adaptor for $75.  None of them couple
accurately to the rangefinder so you need to guesstimate from how far apart
the images are at infinity or else focus before you add the 2x).  Anyway, the
35 Summicron ASPH is so goshdarn sharp and contrasty that even with the
converter (makes a 75 f4) the quality isn't half bad.  I just use a 50mm M
adaptor so it brings up the 75 frame.  I also use the 2x with the 135
APO-Telyt (use the rangefinder patch for framing) and 90 Elmarit (estimate
the frame midway between the 135 and the rangefinder patch). Nice thing about
Leica M lenses is that they've got resolution to spare!

DT