Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Senseless design
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:40:45 -0700

DonjR43198@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/24/99 3:08:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
> gbennett@club-internet.fr writes:
>
> <<
>  you've got to admit that the self-timer is useful for more than just
>  self-portraits! anytime you need to use a slower shutterspeed than you can
><snip>
>  guy >>
>
> Apparently few Leica owners use a tripod and fewer use a cable release but
> for obtaining the best from the small negatives, I have found a tripod and
> the self-timer work great in the M series cameras before the M-6.
>
> Thanks for your note.
>
> Don R.

I will now admit to be a fan of using a self time on my FE2 because it
slaps the mirror up at the very beginning and results in a better
picture than the cable release. I'm sure once or twice I've left the
cable release at home and the self timer saved my but. I'm not at all a
fan of touching the camera during release on a tripod but that's my
style of shooting.
Mark Rabiner