Subject: Re: [Leica]More .. XTOL capacity & time
From: Martin Howard <marho@ikp.liu.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 22:47:22 +0200

Christer Almqvist wrote:

> Robert:
>
> Thank you for your note. Based on practical experience, I am not
> convinced by your argument relating to increasing development times
> with Xtol. Perhaps some LUG member has asked Kodak about this and can
> tell us what they answered. Otherwise I will ask them.

Some time ago, a lugger and I fought this out in private email ;)  It
ended with him calling Kodak in the US with regard to whether you are
supposed to extend development times when using diluted XTOL.  The
answer from Kodak was "No.  Just make sure there is a minimum of 100ml
per roll."  So, there you have it.

I figure the discussion eminated from some people thinking that they
got too soft negatives and then going back to the instructions too
see what they were doing "wrong".

So, the old adage is still true: Try it, if it works, fine, if it don't,
fiddle with it.

Amazing how many things that true for... ;-)

M.

- --
Martin Howard, Grad. Schl. for Human-Machine Interaction,  |
HMI/IKP, Linkoping University, SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.|    Just
Tel: +46 13 28 5741; Fax: +46 28 2579; ICQ: 354739         | say "DOOH"
E-mail: marho@ikp.liu.se; www.iav.ikp.liu.se/staff/marho/  +------------