Subject: RE: [Leica] HCB method
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:03:21 +0100

At 01:27 PM 6/24/99 -0600, you wrote:
>There is a (45 min?) film about HCB - I have it taped from TV , which as
>well as interviewing him and his friends, shows him at work in some film
>from the 50's/60's very revealing. Constantly moving, ducking, moving
>backwards, hardly notice he takes the pictures, very fast bringing the
>camera of an shooting. And his comments a priceless - very impatient!
>
>I can't remember the title offhand, but I have seen it advertised as a video
>from a couple of photo book stores (but don't ask me which ones...)
>
>Tim A

I saw something similar, it might be the same footage. He is extremely
mobile and fast on his feet, runs around, even backwards, to get the shot,
a tall elderly man in a raincoat, prancing around balancing on one leg, and
the movement of lowering the camera and winding on (M camera) seems to be
so fast you don't see him wind the camera at all. But the prancing around-
either you can do that in Paris and nobody notices, or- I don't know. I
thought he was rather noticeable. Maybe I should try that next time I'm out
in the metropolis and see what happens!

Joe Berenbaum
mailto:joe-b@dircon.co.uk