Subject: Re: [Leica] R 6.2
From: "Moore,Andrew" <moorea@andovercontrols.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:00:26 -0400

> the R6.2 is a consideration

I too still consider this from time to time.  I've never handled one
(they're hard to find at my local stores) so I have some questions.

I use an M6 (mainly for its unobtrusiveness and optics) and an FM2N
(for faster operation, creativity, and it's cheaper to acquire lenses).
I've considered replacing both systems with the R6.2, and retaining the
IIIf with 50/3. Elmar when I really need a quiet, compact package.

How does the R6.2 compare to the FM2N?  Maybe someone who has used
both systems can comment.  I know the specifications.  I'm more
interested in things like handling, "user interface", loudness, etc.
To me, the FM2N is the most intuitive camera I've ever used.

Some of my concerns:

Expense.  With the FM2N, a second body and lenses are relatively
cheap.  Second body would be mainly for carrying a second type of
film, and reducing the amount of lens-swapping when I'm pressed for
time.

Repair.  FM2N will probably be cheaper and/or easier to replace or
repair, due to its popularity.

Any comments, preferably specific to R6.2 vs. FM2N?  I'm hoping
someone out there has used both.

- --Andrew
no archive