Subject: [Leica] Visoflex II question
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 21:04:23 +1300

Hi all,

I'm getting some conflicting views on the Visoflex II operation. My copy of
Matheson provides two different ways of using the 135/4.5 Hektor on the
Viso II. I'll try and make this as clear as i can. Take a deep breath
everybody.

The first way seems to be the simplest. Take your 135 lens head and attach
it to your 16495/ZOOAN. Follow this by attaching the ZOOAN to a
16466/OUBIO, upon doing this attach to your Viso II, followed by your M and
shoot.

The second way means using your 135 lens head, attaching it to the
16464/OTZFO, then to your 16472/OTSRO, and then to your 16469/OUFRO, to
Viso II, to M.

Now, according to the Lager Leica Illustrated Guide III/LLIGIII (sorry, a
little leica humour), the ZOOAN is redundant in the case of the Viso II,
and you have to use the second method. Is this true?  I have just bought a
ZOOAN, which is currently in transit, to be able to use this first set-up
method.

My second question is in regards to the use of the 90mm Elmar on the Viso
II. Can i use the lens head from a screwmount 90 Elmar with the Viso II,
OUAGO/16467 and OTQNO/16468 set-up? Or do i need an M mount 90 Elmar lens
head?

Told you to take a deep breath...

Take care,
Gary

If God didn't want us to drink Coffee...
Who needs him.

Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Student
Victoria University