Subject: Re: [Leica] Visoflex
From: "Bill" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:06:20 -0700

>At 11:07 AM 6/22/99 -0700, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>>These lenses were made
>>far enough back that I am worrying about their competitiveness on the
>>modern market. I would think the Viso would be quickly agreeable to
>>adaption from all kinds of other glass.

Then Marc J. Small replied:
>Well, yes and no.  Most of the Telyt-V line continue to be quite
>competitive:  the 5/400 Telyt, second version, is a stunningly fine lens
>which I bought for resale and kept because I like it so much.

Personally I love the Telyt-V 4/200.  I bought it in 1968 and used it with an
M3 and Viso III for years.  When I bought an R6, I had intended to sell it and
get a R lens.  But it works so well with the R6 and the results work so well
for me, that it is usually mounted on that camera.  You have to step down
after focusing, but that works fast since you it has a preselect ring for the
aperture.

I might note that this is my only major piece of Leica equipment that has not
appreciated since purchase.  In my opinion, it is a real bargain.

Regards,  Bill Larsen
ohlen@lightspeed.net