Subject: Re: [Leica] MLU
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:22:15 -0700

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

> Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
> <edited>
> Did Ansel Adams fire of
> 2 shots of something because he was afraid of reverse curl effect on one
> of them? Who the hell knows but I think he would be more afraid of a
> scratch.
>
> Mark Rabiner
><snip>
> No he wanted to use a more compact SLR and the only choice at the time was
> the 'blad.  Remember that was the time period when 'blad was the only gamne
> in town for a high end medium format SLR.  Maybe he could of gone with
> another, but Hasselblad had the name.  Besides, they gave him the equipment.
> And when the price is right.....
>
> Peter K

He has so much writings available now some of which I've read. I would
love to know what was going through his mind when He sloughed off sheet
film. He always used to say he used the heaviest camera he could carry
but I suspect buy then he already had a guy carrying his camera for him.
The results he got had to be to his liking or he wouldn't have
continued. Did his latter roll film work hold up to his previous sheet
film work (much of it burnt in a fire). A Basic question that I should
not have to ask and should already know by now but don't.
Mark Rabiner