Subject: Re: [Leica]M6 vs F100
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:26 +0100 (BST)

Dan Post wrote:

> I just finished shooting my niece's wedding. She prevailed upon me to do
> hers, after a hiatus of about 17 years, and my old eyes were straining
> focus the Hassy in the low light! I can see where the use of AF and SLRs
> make absolutely good sense for some 'bread and butter' photographer
> where
> you must get the image....regardless of what equipment it takes!  The
> MTF be
> damned if it is reasonably sharp and the prints satisfy the customer!

I don't think you have to compromise these days, to be honest. I had a
play with the Contax AF 645, and it's *awfully* good.

Yes we're still waiting for the leaf shutter lenses, but the system Contax
are building shows every sign of being a very competitive offering.

Good fast AF, Zeiss lenses and medium format. Once those leaf lenses are
there it has to be on the wedding snapper's list of systems to look at.