Subject: Re: [Leica] More horse-manure 2
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 17:17:31 -0700

TSL wrote:

> SNIP<<This List is not a democracy, but is turf which I control, and
> I am attempting to do so, as the Good Lord directs, for the benefit of us
> all.  ><snip>
> If any of you want to take over the Rollei List, let's
> talk.  But, I expect that you will be :
> a)  conversant in German
> b)  familiar with all volumes of Prochnow's (German-language) Rollei
> Reports>>SNIPAnd today, Marc scolded a member of his Rollei list thusly,
> >> Uh, friend:  you are here as my guest.  Understand this, and I am mighty
> >> tolerant for the lot of you, but, pray, do not be stupid enough to post a
> >> note like this to the List.>>
> I have not the slightest idea what this is all about, and it is, as will
><snip> shows fractious and antipathetic reproach.
> The choice of words are not simply 'undemocratic'.  It serves as a fine
> catalyst for further rank and sort.  A great reminder, and  very good for
> Leica/Rollei.

A lesson to be learned is that we should not say anything off list that
we don't want repeated on list for as obvious a breach of etiquette
doing so might be, it's always done. Perhaps as a defense against
getting overly nasty personal posts from people but still very
questionable in it's propriety.
Leaders of lists may be authorities but are still human; and as so are
capable of breaches emotional and logical.  With me it certainly starts
with the Grammatical and who knows.
Wheather it's the Lug or the Hug or the Bug in the Rug.
That's how I see it!
Mark Rabiner