Subject: [Leica] Walk-About with 3 Lenses
From: WILLIAM CALDWELL <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 15:24:29 -0400

Horst,

Thanks for the report.  This is the type of posting I really enjoy
seeing on LUG.  Your Summitar f2.0 50mm, is it a post war lens that has
the coated lens and aperatures to f/16?  The Summarit f/1.5 50mm -- for
me -- is a similarly questionable lens today as a user. ;-)

Fortunately, I traded my Summarit f/1.5 50mm for a DR Summicron (SOMNI &
SDPOO)f2.0 50mm (which I still have) a number of years ago.  The
Summarit f/1.5 is the one Leitz lens that I have never regretted selling
for similar reasons that you are putting your Summitar into the
"collection."

Best Regards,

Bill Caldwell
Northern Virginia