Subject: [Leica] Good service from Leica Shop
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 07:59:22 +0200

I think it is appropriate to publicize good experiences with dealers.
Back in May I bought my IIIf+50mm Elmar from the Leica Shop in Vienna
(http://www.leicashop.at). About three weeks ago I noticed that the
rangefinder was not aligning at the infinity setting, even though the
pictures taken at closer ranges appeared OK. I called Leica Shop and
they advised me to send it to them. So I did, by ordinary mail. Six days
after I had mailed it a fax from Leica Shop arrived telling me that they
had repaired the camera and were sending it back via UPS, and two days
later the package arrived here in Belgium, with the camera, now
adjusted. One could of course argue that they should have checked the
camera before selling it to me in the first place, but I am quite
satisfied with the way they treated me in this instance. Often the
quality of a dealer or any other commercial organisation is truly
demonstrated when things go wrong, by their response to the problem. In
this case, the Leica Shop passed the test with flying colours. I have
shopped there before and have had good experiences every time.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium