Subject: Re: [Leica] Heliar impressions
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 07:43:11 +0200

Ed,

"Rarely" is not the same as "never". There are situations where I am
very happy to have the superwide. Those situations are not so frequent
and that is why I did not even consider shelling out the enormous price
for the converted Contax lens. I guess many others felt the same way,
which is why the arrival of the low-cost, high-quality alternative in
the form of the Heliar has generated such excitement. Notice that nobody
is raving about the 25mm Skopar--that is much less interesting since
this focal length is brilliantly covered by Leica itself with the 24mm
Elmarit.

Nathan

Edward Meyers wrote:

> Just figure that for most photographic work the usefulness of
> 18-16 and 15mm focal length lenses on a 35mm camera is equal
> to one over the focal length squared. In more understandable
> terms...Why go so wide when you'll rarely use it? Ed

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium

General photo site: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator/