Subject: Re: [Leica] Read on photography newsgroup...
From: "R. Saylor" <rlsaylor@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 21:45:28 -0400

From:           	"Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
To:             	<leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject:        	Re: [Leica] Read on photography newsgroup...
Date sent:      	Sat, 19 Jun 1999 14:13:40 -0700
Send reply to:  	leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

> Richard,
>
> Please forgive my impertinence but - unless I am grossly mistaken - what you
> are describing below can be read on all lists including this one.

That is true. The implied contrast between the naivete of that
newsgroup and the sophistication of this list was a diplomatic ploy in
order to lessen the possibility of my response being construed as
abrasive. I was trying to make a point without provoking a kneejerk
negative reaction, since it involved a disagreement with the original
post. I.e., I lied a bit in the interest of peace. :)

> There are several individuals that purchase all types of items without
> having done any researched and based solely on someone's recommendation.  I
> am sure that at one time or an other all of us have done it.

Indeed.

> There are seemingly naive questions asked on this list as well but all of
> the discussion is valid in the interest of learning.

Absolutely.

> As for "going back to basics" in order to gain knowledge and control, I
> agree wholeheartedly. That is why I recommend to my friends the Pentax
> K-1000 and other solid performers of the basic kind for their first camera.

As do I.