Subject: Re: [Leica] MLU
From: chefurka@sympatico.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 20:54:37 GMT

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 18:04:20 +0200, you wrote:

>Leica notwithstanding, and not having owned a Leica SLR, I still think
>the F3 was the most gorgeous SLR I've owned/held/played with.  Built
>like a brick sh*thouse ;)

(I hate doing this, but...) Me too, me too!

IMO the F3 is the closest thing the SLR world ever produced to an M6.
Just enough features, easy to use, solid as a rock, looks great,
fabulous finder image, virtually perfect ergonomics (for my size
hands, anyway), and just to ice the cake, enough quirks (like the exp.
comp. dial and the metering display in the finder) to drive the
perfectionists wild :-)

Paul Chefurka