Subject: Re: [Leica] Read on photography newsgroup...
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@direct.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 09:09:55 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
To: Leica Users Group <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Saturday, June 19, 1999 5:22 AM
Subject: [Leica] Read on photography newsgroup...

>Read on photography newsgroup. It just shows how stupid and pointless
>people can be in their writings.
>
>Pascal
>NO ARCHIVE
>
>-------
>
>i have owned or used just about all of the whiz-bang offerings from all
>the
>big jap camera companies in the past two years.  this includes the f-5,
>with
>more knobs, levers, info readouts and control options than the space
>shuttle
>and  canons latest attempt to make the inside of the viewfinder look like
>christmas tree

Six weeks ago I was approached by a Japanese tourist, a gentleman about 25
or so,  in downtown Vancouver who was using a borrowed camera much as
described above. All he wanted to know was how to rewind the film, open the
back, remove the film cassette, insert a new cassette, and start shooting
again. The thing was so cluttered with dials, knobs, and info readouts I
told him I didn't even want to try and help in case I fouled up suggesting
instead that he visit a nearby camera shop for assistance. Meanwhile he
smiled and glanced at my M3 and said something like "nice,  great camera,
very easy to use" and then walked away towards the camera shop.

jh