Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Users digest V9 #62
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 07:56:19 -0400 (EDT)

I would suggest that there's a reason why lens groups and mounts
have the same serial number on them. During my first visit to
Mecca, in Wetzlar in 1962, resident Leica person, Bob Schwalberg
showed me how Leitz carefully assembled camera parts from "plus" and
"minus" bins so that everything fit perfectly. Does it happen
now? I suppose so. Of course when you shoot at f/11 the componant fit
may not be so important--but maybe it is? Ed