Subject: Re: [Leica] Heliar impressions
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 18:05:05 EDT

In a message dated 6/18/99 5:41:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
msmall@roanoke.infi.net writes:

<< At 04:13 PM 6/18/99 EDT, DT wrote:
 >I remember someone telling me that the Hologon vignettes so much that a
 >graduated filter with a darker center fading to a clear outside is required
 >to even out the light falloff.  If the edge falloff is 2 stops (f16) the
 >filter would need to bring the center to f16 as well.  This is just
hearsay,

 This isn't "hearsay":  it is in all the Zeiss literature on the Hologon and
 the Leica literature on the 8/15 Hologon.

Thanks, Marc.  I was pretty sure it was correct info I'd heard, but since I
hadn't actually read it myself or heard it from a real authority, I didn't
want to act like I knew it was a fact when in fact I didn't.

DT