Subject: [none]
From: Peeter Vissak <peeterv@estpak.ee>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:21:18 +0300

Hi!

I was recently looking for some information on Leica screw mount lenses in
a different forum. What I found out was that if I'd like to equip my old
Leica copy (Zorki) with good or superb lenses, then perhaps Leica even
wouldn't be the rightest brand. Don't get me wrong, but it has been told
that in the LTM world Nikon and Canon were even perhaps better. But perhaps
not. Never had any experiences.

Now - is there anybody out able to tell me some words about following lenses:
Nikkor LTM 28/3.5
Nikkor LTM 35/2.5
Nikkor LTM 50/1.4 or 50/2
Nikkor LTM 105/2.5 (did they start their famous Nikkor 105/2.5 line just
there?)
Nikkor LTM 85/2
Canon LTM 28/3.5
CAnon LTM 35/2.0
Canon LTM 50/1.4
Canon LTM 50/1.8
Canon LTM 85/1.8
Canon LTM 135/3.5

And/or original Leica lenses inthe same range?

Are these still available in user condition?
Which ones may be available as bargains?
What could be the quality of these lenses?
What could be the best cost/value option?
Any words about the coatings and usage of the lenses with E-6 films?

Any words about the price and are there any readily available? Please let
me know, but keep in mind I'm on budget! (sounds contradictory - on budget
leica-buyer :-)

Not that I couldn't live without them, but why to keep the old faithful
all-mechanical all-around quiet cameras stand in the shelf and gather dust?
Better hold them in my car back seat or drag them around wherever I
wouldn't take my Nikon F90x.

Yes - no real quick tele photos or close-ups, but for that I already have
rather good equipment.

And - last but not the least - rather refreshing idea to keep it low and
simple in contrast to the car-priced new digital things. All in all I am
rather computerised in my mind and there are always possibilities to get
Your super-speed G4 or G5 Mac connected to a pre-era camera obscura, aren't
there?

Just wondering...

Sincerely,

Peeter Vissak