Subject: [Leica] Mirror Lock UP
From: "Gary Klein" <gklein@excel.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:47:53 -0500

Not so fast with discounting the F100 mirror lock up lack.  I don't know for
sure, but I do know that with Canon's eos 1n, you can set a custom function,
where one one push of the shutter will lock up the mirror and another one
will release the shutter.  I will admit I was a bit miffed at having to blow
$35 bucks just to be able to use a conventional cable release on the Eos 1n.

Mirror lock up was more important in the earlier technology of SLR cameras.
The shutter balancing and mirror bounce mechanisms have certainly been
refined through the years,  which may have attributed to the loss of this
feature on many SLR cameras.

However, if you use a camera hand held in the shutter shake territory of 1/8
to 1/30, an M leica is still your best bet.

gck