Subject: [Leica] M in action/repair discussion
From: "Gary Klein" <gklein@excel.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:07:01 -0500

Well,

My M got used again for a job.  I had to shoot a play rehearsal where I had
good access and it was lit by stage light.  I used fuji 800 color neg pushed
a stop.  Things worked really nice.  Used only 1 roll of film and was able
to pull three really nice images (just enough for publication) out to hand
in.  Used my Eos A2e with the 70-210 as a light meter only.  I will post a
link to some of those images when we run them on the company web page.

I want to send in my 90mm some day and I think Sherry will get the job,
although I was very pleased with DAG's work on my M4-2.  I vow never to send
stuff to Leica (subject to change of course)  unless its under warranty as I
like the fast and most excellent service I have received from independants.
As an added bonus, the working professional can actually afford the repairs!
Everytime I have sent things to Leica, unless under a repair special, I
winced when I would get the bill.  DAG told me his basic charge up front and
followed it to the penny when I received his bill.   Believe it or not, it
costs me less to have my 30000 mile servicing done on my Saturn than it does
to have an overhaul on my Leica.  Of course, my Leica does hold a percentage
of its original value much better than any car will, with a few exceptions.

 All those expenses do add up when you have mouths to feed etc in a
household.  So predictive costs in advance are a great help for me.

gck