Subject: [Leica] (Off Topic) Nad 522 Vs Nad 524 CD Player
From: Javier Perez <japho@cunyvm.cuny.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 01:08:35 -0400

Hi all

Sorry for the off topic question but I posted it in the relevant audio
news groups and haven't gotten an answer.

I've got a multipart question and was hoping someone could resolve it.

Is a Nad 522 CD player with a 20 bit Burr Brown DAC,
chip or board upgradable to the 24 bit Burr Brown DAC found in the 524?
I don't mind a little soldering.

Does the 522 have digital outputs so I can use my own DAC?

Is the front plate metal or plastic?

And most importantly, Is the 524 worth the price difference
in terms of sound quality?

Once again sorry for the off topic post. I'll keep these to a minimum.
I just don't want to end up buying 2 CD players!

Best Regards
Javier