Subject: Re: [Leica] The agony of the wait.
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:08:48 EDT

In a message dated 6/14/99 3:43:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ken.lee@hbc.com
writes:

<< I bought the 24, but they
 didn't have a finder in stock so he sold me the finder for the 21mm, and I
 was to return it when the 24mm finder came in.  >>

Interestingly, the 24 finder *is* the 21 finder,  just masked to show the 24
coverage.  I've never seen a 28 finder in the flesh (well, plastic).  Perhaps
it's the same also. Wouldn't it be great if Leica made one finder (a *metal*
one with a setscrew to secure it in the flash shoe) with bright framelines
for 28-24-21 and a flash shoe on top (with pass-through for the TTL of
course) which could be left permanently mounted?  For those who have 2 or 3
of those lenses and had to buy $600-$900-worth of finders and switch them
constantly, Leica could charge a pretty penny for such a convenience and
probably sell quite a few.
DT