Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Let's move on ?
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 15:49:40 +0200

Roger,

There is sado-masochism here: it took me a full 45 minutes this sunday
morning (GMT+1) to plough through the night's 94 posts, of which I kept
exactly 3: information on MF slide mounts, Nathan's 15mm purchase
and...Lucian's post on Girrard Perregaux. If I had erased all the off-topic
posts or filtered out off-topic posters (the LUG equivalent of
eradication), I would have missed that very interesting piece of industrial
history.

So, as much as I sometimes get angry at the time loss imposed on me by
waves of pointless off topic posts, I must recognise the fact that I do
keep and average of 3-4 posts a day, and occasional posts not related to
Leica. That adds up to a nice knowledge base, for which I am genuinely
grateful to a very wide variety of posters, including the
Mercedes/Rolex/beemer/Mont Blanc/Lagavulin fanatics  ;-)

No way out of this, I fear....

Alan