Subject: Re: [Leica] David & Peter Turnley - Photographers
From: Robb Williamson <Williamsonimages@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 21:24:21 -0400

Jim,

The Turnley brothers are always in the middle of the latest hot spot in the
globe. I am a big admirer.   I have seen numerous photographs by them and
of them, both often seen with double Nikons as standard gear around their
necks.  My favorite image  was during the Gulf war of the American GI
crying in the chopper after learning that the identity of the dead soldier
in the body bag also on board was one of his buddies.  I believe it won the
Pulitzer.

Several years ago, American Photo magazine showed the contents of one
brother's gear ( I think Peter) going on a trip to the Soviet Union.

It included 4 nikons(3 F-4 - 2 with motor, 1 without,and an FM2) close to
10 nikon fixed lenses, 2 Leica M-6 with a 21, 28, 35 and a 50.  I am
unaware if the other brother also shot Leica.  The load also included tons
of batteries, film, candles, and lots of polaroid film with a polaroid
camera - The international symbol and bargaining unit of photography
according to Turnley in the sidebar. :)

Robb Williamson - Denver, Colorado

Revolution - Eastern Europe" with photographs by David and Peter Turnley
(NewYork: Steward, Tabori & Chang, 1990).  Does anyone know if Leica
camera/lenses were used?  The pictures have a "Leica-look" to me.  Thank
you. - Jim Cheatham<<<<<<