Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M advice wanted
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 16:51:16 -0700

>Also, another quandary I'm in is: I want to take no more than 4 lenses,
>perhaps even 3. I'm a long-time 50mm kind of guy, so that's in the bag for
>sure.  Question is,  for European urban-type photography, which 2 or 3 other
>M lenses would you consider "essential" choosing from 21 ASPH, 28, 35
>Summicron ASPH, 90 Elmarit and 135 APO-Telyt.

d.t.

what about taking the 'extended' outfit, also referred to by bower: 21 35
50 90 ? if you don't want to take more than 3 lenses, drop one or the other
of the two extremities (i.e. 21 or 90), depending on which end of the focal
length spectrum you more often than not find yourself.

happy traveling.

guy

p.s. i'll be leaving shortly for europe with my m6 + 24 35 50 combo, and a
s***load of b + w film.