Subject: Re: [Leica]OT: Cross-country trip. Suggestions greatly appreciated.
From: "KPETERS" <KPETERS@huntel.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 21:15:38 -0500

Cross country in a Karmann Ghia sounds like fun.  Just sold my 1969 Ghia
last year (to make way for a 1964 Airstream!)... missed it so much, I just
bought a Porsche 914.  Same dang car, but with a bigger motor and better
suspension. Very cheap entertainment.  If you get near eastern Nebraska,
check out Omaha area for Americana and consider taking the 'northern route"
through the black hills to Colorado for the last leg of your journey.  Going
past Sioux Falls (westward) you will enjoy some interesting topography and
likely meet some interesting people!
If you're camping, consider staying at Wilson Island, jjust on the Missouri
river next to DesotoBend National wildlife refuge.  Or if you prefer, come
stay with us!  We'll put you up for a night at Blair Nebraska, then you can
take HWY 75 north to Sioux City!  ha!  Maybe we'll even buy you a couple
Blair T-shirts!  If you stay in Wilson Island, you'll be right on the Lewis
& Clark trail...

Suggestion for the car:  pack an extra fan belt.  Seems like that's the only
thing you'll likely need as these cars are built to last!  Be sure to get
some pics with the car in the background... nothing like an italian designed
car made in Germany!!!!  Very stylish!  Best of luck, Kent Peters, Blair,
NEbraska!