Subject: Re: [Leica] was Pens now Pencils
From: Javier Perez <japho@cunyvm.cuny.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:28:47 -0400

> I always prefer to write with a pencil - except for the round ones, no
> real connoisseur of writing instruments would ever stoop to using a round
> pencil unless of course he was one of those who actually prefer writing
> with a pen, the devil's instrument. Octagonal pencils are to be preferred
> always.

Wait a minute. Every pencil I've ever seen was either of round or hexagonal
cross section. Do you actually have an 8 sided pencil?  Jpeg please.Also,
#2 led is the worst thing you can write with. By the time you finish a
sentence,
the linear foot print has thickened. Try HB led instead. BTW: have you
managed
come to terms with led holders? They are the best compromise between
the classic purist's pencil and practicality.

Finally, I noticed that Leitz is now marketing some ETA based automatic
watches
with the Leitz logo. Do they have a pen and pencil line as well?

See Ya
Javier