Subject: [Leica] Marking scratched on a 135mm Hektor
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:03:37 -0000

"Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com> wrote:

Mine has 135+ and 77X-- it also has the serial number- ending in '77'
penciled on the light baffle in the barrel, along with '135.

I took the mount outdoors this morning, and can just make out 135 4
and the serial number written in pencil on the baffle - it's very
faded, so I hadn't noticed these markings when examining the lens and
mount in artificial light.

I'd still love to know what that 1R XXH meant...

A few months ago I noticed several tiny three-digit numbers - all in
different "hands" - scratched on the rear face of the mount of my 5cm
Summar. I assumed these to be pawnbrokers' markings.

Regards,

Doug Richardson