Subject: Re: [Leica] Help
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 20:16:32 +1000

Gary Elshaw wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just before i went overseas i fitted a FIKUS to my 35mm Summaron. Gee what
> a big mistake that was--I've now got major vignetteing on 3/4 of my photos.
> I'm majorly P*&^%ed off about this. However i am trying to remain
> philosphical about this and try and rectify the situation to prevent
> further irritations. O.K., according to my collectors guide, what i need is
> a FOOKH. Don't we all i hear you say. Now the complications sets in due to
> theFLQOO which was originally constructed for the 35 Elmar. I can get one
> of these for an affordable price-about $20 less than the FOOKH. Have any of
> you other LTM brothers used either of these on a LTM Summaron? Please
> advise.
>
> Take care,
> Gary
> _

Gary,  The only difference between the FLQOO and the FOOKH is the engraving.

The FLQOO is engraved: Elmar 3.5cm  where as the FOOKH is engraved Summaron-Elmar
3.5cm.

They are directly interchangeable.
Don't forget, both the 35mm Elmar and the 35mm F3.5 Summaron exhibit a slight
amount of vignetting if used wide open.

Regards, Horst Schmidt