Subject: Re: [Leica] Batteries for- SL2 MOT
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:26:00 -0400

Nathan-
When I sent my SL-Mot into Sherry for CLA, etc, I guess she adjusted the
meter for the PX625 silver oxide battery; it agreed with my R7 last time I
checked, and it agreed with my hand held meters, and the SL that I have may
have been altered, or uses some sort of voltage regulating system, since it
agrees with the SL-Mot.
I would check my  camera, if I were you, against a meter of known
reliability- personally, I have not seen that the 1.5v batteries make that
much difference when replacing a mercury cell. The voltage on any battery is
going to drop, the amount depending on the current draw, and the meter
circuit resistance. I check the SL when I got it, because some schmutz in
the battery compartment was allowing the battery to deplete, even if the
camera meter was switched off! While solving the problem, I found the meter
to draw in the neighborhood of 75 microamps in a lamplit room....
If your camera agrees within a half stop, I wouln't worry about it.... you
can always make an ISO setting adjustment to compensate! It's really not
that much of a problem
Dan