Subject: Re: [Leica] Mysterious SL2 MOT
From: MSwiek@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:35:28 EDT

Nathan,

As others have stated on this list, reported serial numbers are  the ones
that were "allocated" for a given year's production. They may or may not have
all been actually used during that period.  Therefore, there are always some
discrepancies between the reported/allocated numbers and the ones actually
appearing on cameras.

As far as the meter goes, I have had batteries for a couple of years and more
in my SL_MOT's and SL-2 MOT, even though there is not an on/off switch for
the meter.  Keeping the lens capped when not in use seems to make the
batteries last longer.  Should not be a major problem.

Mike Swiek