Subject: [Leica] Re: Leaving Town
From: getrichkwik@webtv.net (ED Cherney)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:38:03 -0400 (EDT)

- --WebTV-Mail-100888952-2401

Ted Grant & Mark Rabiner wrote,,,
- ------
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 20:02:52 -0700
From: Mark Rabiner

Ted Grant wrote:
=A0 Ian Stanley wrote:

<snip>
I wondered if other LUGNUTS have this same experience? On the days when
you have to work in the darkroom is it not always a picture perfect day?

And on the days when it's rotten lousy no good rain, wind and freeze yer
butt off, you have all the time in the world and want to be shooting?

Or worse, have a paying outdoor assignment to do?>

<snip>
Portland Oregon: Rained all day until 4 pm when I garbed some stuff to
go downstairs to do darkroom work. The sun came blazing out from behind
rain clouds. Works better than an umbrella.
Mark :-) Rabine
- ----
Hi again Fellas....
I smile at your comments because I love the best of both situations.

I'll never get the developer and hypo out of my veins...nor the
tantalizing aroma of the darkroom... since developing and printing that
first roll of 116 Orthochromatic roll film...in a 5x7 tray of developer
by the sea-saw method...and making the contact prints under the dim glow
of a Red safelight bulb...in the bathroom at night...when I was a mere
lad of 9 years age...back in 1942.

Thousands of rolls, negatives and prints coursed through my veins since
that time ...when the Secrets of Real MAGIC unfolded before my eyes...a
moment I will never forget...even a thousand years from now when I'm a
Highlander Immortal.

In the same respect...outdoors weather means something very special to a
real diehard photographer...whether the sun is shining brightly..or
Autumn's cloudy days...or Summer's pouring rains...or Winter's freezing
beautiful snowfalls and snowman making time.

It's ALL there for us to capture the Elusive Moment....just a fraction
of a second of time...which will never come again for all eternity...is
captured on film for posterity...through the MagicProcess we know and
enjoy...by the name of "PHOTOGRAPHY".

I thank you for your comments, gents...and bringing back beloved memory
for just one more glorious time...God Bless you all...and hope your
camera is as good and meaningful to you...as mine has been to me...for
these past momentous fleeting decades of time...
ED.

- --WebTV-Mail-100888952-2401

- ----
<center>
<b>
"A Man Who Makes A Decision...Before Knowing What It's All About...Is A
Damn Fool"</font>
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>
(Superstar Actor)</font>
OF THE INTERNET"</font>
<BR>
<hr size="4">
<BR>
Read "The" Excitingly New Book...
<BR>
<hr size="4">
<BR>
"INSIDER'S SECRETS TO WEALTH ON THE WEB" </font>
<BR>
<hr size="4">
<BR>
Make Over $5,000. A Week In Less Than 28- Days </font> <BR> <hr
size="4">
<BR>
<BR>
<A HREF=
"http://www.wiseoldmule.com/members/etcc/index.shtml">CLICK
HERE</A><font color="hotpink">To Download Your FREE Copy</font> <FONT
COLOR="WHITE">NOW...!!!</FONT>
<BR>
<hr size="4">
<BR>