Subject: Re: [Leica] assistance for new user
From: Martin Howard <marho@ikp.liu.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:39:26 +0200

TEAShea@aol.com wrote:

> My first question is whether this means that my photos will be
> slightly out of focus.

Possibly.  It all depends upon if DOF can cover the point you want in
focus or not.  What it does mean is that the rangefinder is not quite
properly adjusted to the lens focusing cam, so the short answer is
"yes".

> Second, I understand that there may be an adjustment I can make.

Remove the lens.  At the top of the bayonet mount, you'll find a small
wheel on the end of a couple of pivoting arms.  In the middle of the
whell is a large(ish) screw head.  This is the screw you want to
twiddle.

I adjusted mine the other day by removing the lens, twiddling the screw
(small adjustments!) then refitting the lens and checking convergence
of images in the RF patch.  Make sure that what you are looking at
really is at infinity (i.e., many hundreds of yards off).  Repeat until
the images converge perfectly.

M.

- --
Martin Howard, Grad. Schl. for Human-Machine Interaction,  |
HMI/IKP, Linkoping University, SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.|    Just
Tel: +46 13 28 5741; Fax: +46 28 2579; ICQ: 354739         | say "DOOH"
E-mail: marho@ikp.liu.se; www.iav.ikp.liu.se/staff/marho/  +------------