Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Battery Cover
From: WILLIAM CALDWELL <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 07:11:42 -0400

SNIP --

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

I know this sounds stupid...but I have noticed that sometimes the
battery cover on my M6s works its way loose after a long flight or car
trip, presumably due to the vibration. When this happens, the metering
indicators are flaky in the way you describe. I have gotten into the
habit of checking that the battery cover is nice and tight every time I
take the camera out of the bag.

SNIP --

Nathan & Simon;

After a flight of 800+ miles, the battery cover of my M6 has backed out
or become loose.  I almost lost the cover and the battery in the Bay of
Biscay in Florida. Checking the cover after a flight usually reveals a
loose battery cover on the M6.  Like Nathan, I check the M6 battery
cover tightness frequently as a result of my earlier experiences.

Best of Light,

Bill Caldwell
Northern Virginia