Subject: [Leica] Re: The LL Bean of Cameras and Pens
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:21:15 -0700

Even though I bought most of my writing "stuff" in Germany, where it is
most "ordinary" stuff, save the Tintenkuli, at least here on the left
coast, Mont Blanc, Pelikan, Waterman, etc... can all be found in places
like chain stationary stores, discount warehouse stores, damn near at the
local 7-11...

There is nothing special about where you buy these products anymore. They
are now just normal stuff.

And, of course, to each his own. I used Cross for years (50's and 60's) and
still have my originals, sans plating. But they are just too small for my
hands. I like big rather than small. The pencil I use daily, in my computer
work, is a Mont Blanc .9mm pencil. Large, large lead, large eraser. Lead
never breaks and the eraser will actually erase something.

I just bought my daughter a Cross .9mm pencil (chrome). New, $18. Fits her
hand perfectly.

Just like Leicas fit in our hands, perfectly.

Jim