Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks for your help.
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 14:50:04 -0700

"Richard W. Hemingway" wrote:

> I wish to thank all the Luggers who gave me information and personal input
> on ownership and use of the Minilux, Minilux zoom and the Contax G2.><snip>
> Conclusion!!  I bought a new Leica R8 (silver chrome) and a couple of used
> zoom lenses, that I will probably add to one of these day. It really came
> down to the VF.  My wife can see through it (if she can lift it up!).  I
><snip>
> Dick Hemingway
> Plano, Texas

Dick I want you to know that I for one do not find it at all unusual
that you picked out the maxi R8 in a sea of mini's. Perhaps it came down
to when you take a picture you want to do it with a real camera!
As far as the portibility and VF issues goes take another look at an old
Rollei 35 down the road. It'll make your pocket sag but I have mine on a
belt pouch and the negs are as good as it gets. When having a camera
always with you is more the issue.
Happy shooting with the R8; it's greeeaaaat!
Mark (tony the tiger) Rabiner