Subject: [Leica] Thanks for your help.
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 15:57:22 -0500

I wish to thank all the Luggers who gave me information and personal input
on ownership and use of the Minilux, Minilux zoom and the Contax G2.  I
read it over and over, looked at the specs and everything I could find on
the internet.

Conclusion!!  I bought a new Leica R8 (silver chrome) and a couple of used
zoom lenses, that I will probably add to one of these day. It really came
down to the VF.  My wife can see through it (if she can lift it up!).  I
was impressed with all the above cameras.  The mix of the M6 and R8 should
work quite  well for me, expecially on trips.

The R8 (purchased with passport - and I am also thinking of the extended
warranty.  Does anyone know whether this is the same warranty as the
passport??  Does it extend the passport warranty - or give a couple of
years of something else??

The camera was immaculate, no finger prints on the mirror - or anywhere
else.  I have fired it up and so far it is working fine, but we will see. I
do notice the the Operating Mode Selector seems to work more smoothly than
the earlier R8 I once owned and the Metering Method Selector seems a little
more sturdy.  However, it has been some time since I owned one and I may
just remember incorrectly.

Thanks again for everyone's help.  It was a personal situation that finally
determined which camera I bought more than the individual merits of each
camera.

Dick Hemingway
Plano, Texas