Subject: Re: [Leica] ebay and Leica
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:05:22 -0000

>The standard caveat, "buyer beware," certainly applies
>to ebay.  I have bought some stuff reasonably and seen
>some things go for what I thought were very high
>prices.

Yes this amazes me.  I was in the market for a color processing drum and
rotator base a few months ago...I bid on a few but lost out on them as
the prices went up almost to what a new one would go for, and these were
between 10-20 years old...some people need to research the markets before
they start bidding.  I ended up getting a base, drum and thermometer for
much less than dealers were selling used ones for so I think I did ok.
Just gotta not get in a hurry or caught up in a bidding war...The way I
look at it is if I am going to pay dealer prices, then I will buy from a
dealer for the return privilages ect.

Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net