Subject: Re: [Leica] Ads
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 23:32:46 -0700

>Then the 'isolated' question is one that I surely cannot answer or even
>predict - How (assuming Leica "CAN")
>much 'better' can it get without getting progressively more assimilated into
>upcoming accuracy, etc. in auto...?

>We have seen a new generation of
>lenses that do indeed (more than they do not) push the limits of technical
>feasibility.  For example - the 35 M.  It is now available as asph. which we
>could consider an improvement.

dear tsl,

the asph lenses are generally considered to be improvements over the
preceeding non-ashp versions of even extremely popular lenses like the 35
summicron, as you yourself point out. they have nothing to do with
automation.

can we believe that we have arrived at the ultimate in m-ness, a sort of
photographic nec plus ultra that could only be improved upon by adding af?

guy