Subject: Re: [Leica] Deterioration of slide images
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 12:35:14 EDT

I will throw in my 2 cents worth on the slide longevity discussion.  My
cousin was here a few months ago and brought slides of my folks as well as
some of me which I attempted to barter from him so they would no longer be
available for the family to snicker about.  The Kodachrome slides from the
late 40's were still in excellent condition but the others were washed out to
the point of being difficult to view.  Unfortunately, I was Ed's test subject
for his new Leica and Kodachrome so film deterioration was note even my luck.
 The old Kodachrome was either E.I. 6 or 10 but he had some action shots of
the kids squirting water from their mouths that had most of the action
stopped.

But for the subject matter of the slides that were all at least 50 years old,
the Kodachrome was very impressive.

Kodachrome 25 is in my kit along with the M-3 and M-6 with assorted lenses at
the door waiting for Super Shuttle to take us to the airport for the trip to
Cayman for a week of diving and general goofing off.  If the grand kids want
to view the slides 50 years from now, I am convinced the Kodachrome will be
just fine.