Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon really has AF figured out...
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 09:17:22 +0200

I would NOT; not even if the price in the example was $3000. In fact, after a
year's shooting with M6 and M3 I no longer trust autofocus. I have the
top-of-the-line Pentax AF SLR but it sees very little use these days. I am
considering buying into the Leica SLRs, but the models I am considering are the
R6 or 6.2 or even one of the Leicaflexes. But these are MY tastes; they reflect
the fact that my SLR shooting is usually with extreme wide angles or macro, none
of which really benefits from AF. If I were shooting white-water rafting I would
probably have a different view.

Nathan

Guy Bennett wrote:

> SNIP
> an (innocent) question for all leica and other slr users:
>
> if leica came out with the auto-everything slr to beat all auto-everything
> slrs and the price for the body alone was $10,000. would you invest in it?
> why or why not?
>
> the answer to the last question might well be what makes leica/the r8
> more/less desirable than nikon or canon.
>
> guy

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium