Subject: RE: [Leica] Canon really has AF figured out...
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 22:06:04 -0700

Hi Mark,
Actually, I'm a real Leica fan!  And yes, I use them whenever I'm not
rushing down rivers.  Whenever I can, actually.  ;-)

You should also know that those wonderful, high tech, do everything AF
wondermachines also irritate the hell out of me.  I had a particularly nasty
experience trying to decipher the UI of an EOS A2E near the summit of Mount
Adams at dawn last year (without a manual).  But that's another story...
Thankfully, I also had my M6 stashed away in my pouch.  And it gave me an LA
Times front page shot that day!

But seriously, I feel an SLR system should be pretty flexible.  If Leica
made a competitive AF SLR system, I'd strongly consider buying into it.  But
I can't afford to carry multiple SLR systems, and the Canons do offer alot
of flexibility.  Until then, I'll keep using the Leica M and Canon EOS
systems side by side!

- --Jim