Subject: Re: [Leica] A Humbling Experience
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 16:59:38 -0400

The more I read in this thread, the more I am amazed at my grandmother's
foresight in writing the names of the people in our old family albums... and
some of them go back to the Civil War, or as we say here in the South, The
Late Unpleasantness.
We have Daguerreotypes, tintypes, Ambrotypes, Callotypes, albumin prints,
cartes de visite, and varied and sundry photgraphica- labeled by her before
her memory failed her. I hope I can , as we say, 'Get a round tuit' and do
the same for some of the images I took in my youth, of places that have
since been razed and rendered unrecognizable!
We talk about archival prints, but we rarely give any thought to our
succesors sorting through the jumbles we'll leave!!
Dan