Subject: Re: [Leica] problems with tenba bags
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@direct.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 20:13:01 -0700

- ------=_NextPart_000_0186_01BEAD34.50B079C0

Cool ......!
  -----Original Message-----
  From: JIB <jbuf@ix.netcom.com>
  To: leica-users group <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
  Date: Wednesday, June 02, 1999 8:11 PM
  Subject: [Leica] problems with tenba bags

  I have two Tenba bags, a 995 (cost $330) and 895 (cost $295).  After =
about 3 years of use I began to notice a fine dustlike powder covering =
my equipment.  I checked and found out that tenba  has a five year =
warranty.  I sent the bags to New York for warranty repairs, and was =
informed that what I found on my cameras was the waterproofing coating =
that had decayed and was coming off of the fabric.  They also said that =
there was no way of repairing the bags, and that they refused to replace =
them under warranty.  The only solution that I was offered was that they =
would give me a discount if I wanted to buy another bag.  This I could =
not understand, they refused to honor their warranty and then thought =
that a good solution was for me to buy another one of there bags.=20
      On further investigation, I found out that the majority of =
manufacturers use the spray the chemical on the fabric method of =
waterproofing.  That is one of the reasons that I like Billingham bags, =
they use a combination of fabrics to make there bags waterproof.  I do =
not mind paying more for a well built peice of equipment, and I really =
expected these bags to last until they were thread bare.  But it seems =
as if Tenba bags are designed with planned obselescence in mind.=20
  My $.02 worth=20
  John=20

- ------=_NextPart_000_0186_01BEAD34.50B079C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2614.3401" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Cool ......!</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><B>-----Original =
Message-----</B><BR><B>From:=20
  </B>JIB &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:jbuf@ix.netcom.com">jbuf@ix.netcom.com</A>&gt;<BR><B>To:=20
  </B>leica-users group &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us">leica-users@mejac.palo-=
alto.ca.us</A>&gt;<BR><B>Date:=20
  </B>Wednesday, June 02, 1999 8:11 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>[Leica] =
problems with=20
  tenba bags<BR><BR></DIV></FONT><FONT face=3DMarlett>I have two Tenba =
bags, a 995=20
  (cost $330) and 895 (cost $295).&nbsp; After about 3 years of use I =
began to=20
  notice a fine dustlike powder covering my equipment.&nbsp; I checked =
and found=20
  out that tenba&nbsp; has a five year warranty.&nbsp; I sent the bags =
to New=20
  York for warranty repairs, and was informed that what I found on my =
cameras=20
  was the waterproofing coating that had decayed and was coming off of =
the=20
  fabric.&nbsp; They also said that there was no way of repairing the =
bags, and=20
  that they refused to replace them under warranty.&nbsp; The only =
solution that=20
  I was offered was that they would give me a discount if I wanted to =
buy=20
  another bag.&nbsp; This I could not understand, they refused to honor =
their=20
  warranty and then thought that a good solution was for me to buy =
another one=20
  of there bags.</FONT> <BR><FONT face=3DMarlett>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; On =
further=20
  investigation, I found out that the majority of manufacturers use the =
spray=20
  the chemical on the fabric method of waterproofing.&nbsp; That is one =
of the=20
  reasons that I like Billingham bags, they use a combination of fabrics =
to make=20
  there bags waterproof.&nbsp; I do not mind paying more for a well =
built peice=20
  of equipment, and I really expected these bags to last until they were =
thread=20
  bare.&nbsp; But it seems as if Tenba bags are designed with planned=20
  obselescence in mind.</FONT><FONT face=3DMarlett></FONT>=20
  <P><FONT face=3DMarlett>My $.02 worth</FONT> <BR><FONT =
face=3DMarlett>John</FONT>=20
  </P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0186_01BEAD34.50B079C0--